Value of a Simple Thank You:
Most real estate agents would do a lot better if they invested more in showing their clients how much they appreciated them. Positive client relations and goodwill are invaluable for every agent's reputation and career.
Firstly, you have to provide every client with a cause to support you publicly. After that, your business profits will depend on obtaining repeat business and referrals. For you to get more clients to consider using your services again, their first impression requires you to be excellent. Simple, small gestures allow you to stand out from the crowd.
There are many gestures you can choose from to achieve this. To assist you, we've highlighted the top ways to show your clients how much you appreciate their loyalty and value their business.
What should you think about when thanking a client?
There are hundreds of ways that you can show clients how thankful you are, but the effective ones always have a few things in common.
- Make it meaningful and memorable. Not every appreciation effort is the same. What you may consider significant might not feel so to your clients. Consider this, will your clients think a donation, showing your clients as the donors, to their favorite charity to be more memorable than a generic gift card?
- People today are wise -if an effort isn't sincere, they'll spot it a mile away. Most real estate agents are thankful for their clients, but you have to be honest. Be mindful of not using phrases that embellishes your eagerness or doesn't sound like you. Being yourself goes a long way in showing your sincerity.
- Try the Unexpected. Every thank you effort doesn't have to surprise your clients, but an unexpected gesture can be quite effective and please new clients once in a while.
- Repeat clients are the lifeblood of your business, but the price of providing these thank you gestures needs to be cost-effective. The value over the lifetime of a typical loyal client is very high. Only you can decide the importance of this relationship and how much you are willing to invest in client loyalty.
Try these client appreciation ideas-
- Send a handwritten, personalized thank-you note.
Handwritten notes are considered one of the most effective methods to show your clients that you genuinely appreciate them. Despite their minimal cost, thank-you notes are perfect at showing your sincerity.
Taking the extra time to write a note lets your clients know you're committed to building your relationship with them. And in today's email age, your "snail mail" message comes as a welcomed surprise.
A short note is acceptable. Please don't make it long and drawn out. If it's genuine, your sincerity will be evident.
- Send a meaningful gift.
If you spend time coming up with a gift that means something to your client, you have hit the mark. Gifting needs to be effective. Firstly, it needs to be useful. If your client doesn't use the gift, it will be stored away and never thought about again. If it is useful, your client will think about you each time they use it. Make sure the gift is of good quality. Consider having the gift personalized with your client's name. Everyone loves something with their name on it. It's one of a kind and special. Find something unique. Everyone loves receiving something that nobody else has.
The ROI of a simple thank you.
Your clients are what make you successful. Showing them your appreciation is about much more than saying thank you in an email—and it's one of the best ways to ensure happy clients stay that way and provide you with ongoing repeat and referral business.